Presenters WILL NOT be permitted to hook a laptop to the digital projector.
Presenters must bring their Microsoft PowerPoint presentation on PC formatted media to the meeting, as described below.
- The DAY PRIOR to your presentation - Please bring your CD, DVD, or USB storage device to the Speaker Ready Room the day before your session during the same hour as your scheduled presentation to load the file into the presentation library and test your presentation. We recommend visiting the same hour as your talk to reduce the number of people in the Speaker Ready Room at any given time and to allow for each presenter to have ample opportunity to speak with a technician if necessary. All presentations loaded into the library will be transferred to the PC in the room where the presentation will be held. Librarians and technicians will be on duty in the Speaker Ready Room to assist you with checking your talk and depositing your file into the library. The support staff will not assist with the editing of files. There will no longer be ZIP or Jazz drives in the speaker ready room.
- The day of your presentation Please bring your CD, DVD, or USB storage device with you to the presentation room as a backup in case of emergency.
- If attending the meeting only for the day of your presentation:
- It is strongly recommended that you visit the Speaker Ready Room to test the presentation.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED, if you do not check your presentation into the speaker ready room, you will be responsible for loading your presentation onto the computer system in the presentation hall. No technician will be available to assist with this process.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED, Session Organizers have been instructed to keep the session on schedule. If you opt NOT to test your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room and there is a problem with the file that you have hand carried to the meeting, you will be asked to either give your talk without the computer presentation or withdraw your talk altogether.
Plan your PowerPoint Presentation to be presented on a PC with the following configuration:
Intel Core I7 2.4 Ghz or faster processor, 4GB or greater RAM, 250GB or larger 7200 rpm HD, integral 16 bit audio, graphics card with 512MB or greater VRAM|
Windows 7 Pro, PowerPoint 2010 Pro, Acrobat reader (latest version,) QuickTime (latest version,) Math Type 4