We are so pleased you will be participating in the first-ever AAPM Virtual Spring Clinical Meeting.
TO JOIN THE MEETING, please look for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org (or AAPM Webinar) in your inbox (please also check filters/spam folders) to Join the Webinar. You should have received one invitaton for each of these rooms:
- Therapy + Plenary Sessions Room
- Diagnostic Room
Please call the Virtual Spring Clinical Meeting help line: 571-298-1319
View Online Program »
COVID-19: A Town Hall Discussion
Tuesday, April 7 – 11:30 am to 12:30 pm MT [GMT-6]
Plan to participate in this timely session, which will provide attendees an opportunity to share how their clinics are responding to the pandemic as well as offer an open floor for guidance and considerations moving forward. Some imaging case studies will be presented.
Registration is now closed!
Presentations from this meeting will be posted for members in the AAPM Virtual Library approximately 6 - 8 weeks following the meeting and will be available to all others after one year.
Access to the AAPM Virtual Library is a service provided to AAPM members. Access the Virtual Library.
AAPM members may earn continuing education credits for selected presentations posted in the Virtual Library by subscribing to the AAPM Online Learning Center program. View details on registering for the AAPM Online Learning Center program.
The AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting will include practical information designed to help medical physicists integrate emerging technologies into the clinical environment. A program has been developed to address regulatory and accreditation related issues, and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas in support of practice quality improvement.
The Spring Clinical Meeting focuses on clinical topics of current interest and offers additional opportunities to meet continuing education requirements. This Meeting is designed to provide easy access for clinical physicists in a compact format for up-to-date clinical education.
The program permits participants to meet continuing educational requirements for their clinical specialties, including SAMs on a wide variety of topics, and accommodates attendees who may be limited to participating only on the weekend, or only during weekdays. The full meeting program runs from Saturday, April 4th through Tuesday April 7th and encompasses a series of topics of current clinical interest.
The program is in the beginning stages of development and we believe that this is a great opportunity to get updates, and share and compare ideas with colleagues. We hope that you will be able to attend and contribute to the success of the Spring Clinical Meeting and help to make this a continuing opportunity for the medical physics community’s education.
All AAPM meeting participants shall abide by PP-31 -- AAPM Policy Against Harassment and Disruptive Behavior at Meetings. TO REPORT AN INCIDENT: aapm.ethicspoint.com OR (888) 516-3915
Items of Interest
- Offered again this year - the "Bring a Friend" discount - Invite a New (never attended SCM in the past) Attendee to register for the Spring Clinical Meeting and you both get a $50 discount on your registration. This is only available to AAPM member full registrants who have previously attended the Spring Clinical meeting and you must enter the name and email address of your friend when you register. The Friend will receive information regarding how to register.
- There will be a Best Poster competition! A panel of judges will score poster displays according to criteria that includes clinical relevance, originality, and organization/presentation of the material. All abstracts submitted for posters must have a clinical focus.
- The Young Investigator Award presentation will take place on Saturday Afternoon during the Joint Session.
- CEC Evaluation System is now closed.
Credits will be released to attendees on May 11, 2020.
- Best Poster ePosters
- Meeting Program
What's New in SAM
Again this year! SAM questions are no longer embedded in SAM presentations, so audience interaction is not needed. SAM questions will be included as part of the online evaluation survey. Registration is required in order to obtain SAM credit. The SAM session Admin fee is $20.